At Tristar Physical Therapy, we aim to help all patients reach a fully recovered state. Your physical therapist will provide you with your plan for care during the evaluation appointment and will inform you of the required number of visits to help you achieve your goals. Patients who attend all physical therapy visits are 93% more likely to recover from an injury fully. In contrast, those that miss even one visit have a lower potential for recovery. We are happy to share a copy of this study with you, but we want to ensure that you understand that attending your appointments is extremely important. This policy ensures that all patients can receive the care they need.
Please read our policy and sign at the bottom indicating you understand our expectations and our policy.
1. As experts, we know you will not recover fully if you do not attend your appointments. To help ensure you have the best chance at recovery, we will work with you to schedule all of your appointments after your evaluation today, and to have the best chance at recovery; you will need to attend each visit.
2. Please note: We aim to begin your treatment sessions on the schedule. For all appointments after your evaluation, we ask that you arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment time, dressed for your session, and ready to begin on time. This will allow our front office to handle their responsibilities and our specialists to provide the care you need and deserve.
3. If you're late for your appointment, you're missing the time that we have specifically scheduled for your care, and we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide you with your full treatment as we have reserved the appointment time following yours for someone else.
4. If you're running late, we need you to call us immediately so we can prepare for your late arrival and consult with your clinician. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your session may need to be rescheduled, and we reserve the right to charge our missed visit fee for the lost session. Chronically late patients will be asked to change their appointment times.
5. While we understand that illness can strike at any time, we still expect that you will work to provide notice as soon as you feel sick and cannot attend a scheduled appointment.
6. Providing care to all patients is extremely important to us, and late notice of changes or cancellations will keep someone else from getting the care they need and deserve. If you need to cancel or change a scheduled appointment for any reason, we require a 24-hour notice, so we have enough time to help other patients who need to get in for the care they need and deserve.
7. When you call to cancel an appointment, have your schedule ready; we will reschedule you immediately.
8. We reserve the right to charge a missed visit fee of $50.00 if you do not provide at least 24-hour notice of your appointment change or cancellation, and we will comply with payer policy in carrying it out.
9. To avoid our missed visit fee, we need you to call our office - at least 24 hours in advance for any illness, appointment changes, or cancellations. We have an answering machine that is on 24hrs a day, seven days a week, to leave messages. You will receive text message appointments. You will also receive text messages asking you how your progress is going with your therapy. You are welcome to respond. However, if you need to contact our office to reschedule/cancel, you must call the office. Our front office does not have access to the text messages.
10. Patients with multiple same-day cancellations or no-shows will be removed from the active schedule and placed on the day-to-day list to avoid future missed visit charges. We will also notify your physician.
11. If you are a worker's comp, we must notify your claims adjuster if you cancel or are a no-show for an appointment.
We look forward to working with you to meet your physical therapy goals. To avoid any issues with our policy, we only need the required notice so we have enough time to help all patients to get in for the care they need and deserve.
Tristar Physical Therapy Management